Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Pissing Tree

“The Pissing Tree”

As I was taking a walk through the nature trail, I suddenly had stop to an image of tree hovering over a small pond. This small pond is surrounded by all sorts of rocks that vary in sizes and shapes. Interestingly enough what draws my attention is not the layout of the pond but rather what is in the center of it. Located in the center of the pond, lays a rock being embraced with a steady flow of water that dwindles down from the tree hovering above it. As I see the rock being embraced with the water I can’t help but notice how it relates to many people’s lives.

I see the rock taking on nature’s challenge, but somehow it always seems to find away to stay afloat.
I see the rock isolated in the center of the pond with nowhere to go and nowhere to hide. It’s just sitting there with no means of escaping.
It looks alone, but yet it’s always surrounded by others.
It must feel alone.
I think to myself that even though the rock stands strong against the water embracing it, it will eventually give in and slowly deteriorate into a pile dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment